15 April 2010

"I know the plans I have for you..."

As we think about all the things we need to do before we leave the country we can very easily become overwhelmed. There are so many plans to make and sometimes I cannot even imagine how it is all going to work out. Not so with God. He knows exactly what He is doing. He has it all planned out. He has plans to take care of us and to never abandon us (Jer. 29:11)! I find that very comforting!
.
Speaking of plans, it is our goal to leave the US at the end of August and head to language school in Albertville, France. We are currently at 90% of our total monthly support! In order to gain clearance from ABWE to leave we must be at 100% of our monthly support and 100% of our Outfit & Passage (O&P).
.
Our O&P is a one-time amount that we must raise for things such as language school, plane tickets, immunizations, furniture for our apartment in Mango and one month’s support reserve (as required by ABWE). We need to raise a total of $20,000 for our O&P. Currently we have $3,230 - putting us at about 16% for our O&P. Please pray with us that the Lord will provide the remainder of our monthly support ($430/mo) as well as our O&P!
.
Thank you so much for your prayers for us. I know I say that in almost every prayer letter that I write. I don’t thank you for your prayers month after month because I have “run out of things to say.” I say it because I believe that prayer is the single most important element in all of this. The Bible clearly shows us that prayer makes a difference. I don’t necessarily understand it but I wholeheartedly believe it and have seen the effects of persistent prayer in my own life as well as the lives of countless others.
.
So I ask you to continue praying. Please ask God to strengthen us and our walk with Him during these hectic days of Pre-Field ministry. Please ask Him to help us connect with His servants, the ones He has already chosen to partner with us in this endeavor. Please ask Him to provide the remainder of our support and O&P by the end of July so that we may leave for France in August, if it is His will. Please ask God to encourage the 13 missionaries currently serving in Mango. Please ask God to open the hearts of the people of Mango so that the truth of God’s word can be made clear to them and that they may see that “there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:12
.
We are blessed by each one of you. Gratefully, Kevin and Emily
_________________________________________________________

If you would like to give toward our O&P need or become a monthly supporter please e-mail us at: kevinandemily@abwe.cc and we will send you an “Intention to Support” form that you can fill out and send in to ABWE with your donation.
.
Or, you may go to: http://www.abwe.org/give/
There you will find all the information you need! Our account number is 013334.

No comments:

Post a Comment